Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ahhhhh... a Spa

It was time to gather with girlfriends for a day of "we" time. We met at Nouveau Skin Spa to pamper the flesh and the refresh spirit. It wasn't easy pulling up to the commercial-looking complex and believing that I could be whisked away, but the minute I opened the door to be greeted by deep color and a water fall, the journey was on!

First on my agenda was the Nouveau Facial where my mug was anointed with essential oils and brushed with unguents. I was especially blessed to be treated by the founder, Sunny, herself. Next, I was "rocking on" with a Medistone massage at the caring hands of Stormy. Heated stones pressed upon my skin, relieving every tension. I floated to the makeup vanity to get dusted with mineral powder and ready for the rest of the day.

More relaxing was on the agenda ... The Gathering Place at Bookwalter Winery for a bottle of Protagonist - the feisty red blend with a Merlot star! We enjoyed the wine with a plate of five artisan cheeses (my fave was the Rogue Creamery Smokey Bleu). After joining the Book Club to enjoy the privileges of membership, we selected a case of wines to take home.

Get carried away on the current that runs through Tri Cities.

No comments: