Friday, June 27, 2008

Join the Club! Golf Tri-Cities Washington

The weather in this region coupled with available land has spawned golf galore. Yes, I have caught the craze. And, I decided to get into the swing (pun intended) of golf, again. My game has been erratic, sporadic, enigmatic, to say the least. This time, I am serious. I have a plan. I am making a commitment to Play Golf.




First step, I signed up for a one-on-one lesson from Meadow Springs Country Club pro, Jackie Stevens. In one hour, with one club, I repeated three magic moves that would get my game on. Stability or the ability to coil rather than swoosh through a swing; fingertip grip on the club to allow it to flow (I finally got this one after blistering both hands); and, what I refer to as a wing - pulling my elbow away from my ribs. After the hour of power, I said thanks to Jackie, and we agreed to meet again once I "owned" this motion series. So, I stayed to swing the club for another half hour, hoping to never forget what I was beginning to know.

My fatigue tapped me on the shoulder, on the lower back, on the thighs, on the forearm ... I was wiped out. At home, I recalled the wisdom of Homer in The Iliad "Whenever a man is tired, wine is a great restorer of strength."

Thus, I reclined and self-medicated with a bottle of CaƱon de Sol Syrah ... que syrah syrah. The deep red jammy fruit and spice coursed through my veins, relieving tension in every muscle. Ahhhh. And, with this prescription my palate was quite pleased.

There is a wonderful current running in and through Tri Cities ... go with it!

No comments: